Mark is a fully trained Specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with a major interest in melanoma, and both aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the face, breast and body.
Mark has had a long association with the Great Southern, having a farm in the area for 14 years.
Mark grew up in Perth and attended Medical School at the University of Western Australia achieving distinctions and prizes in both medicine and surgery. Internship, residency and basic surgical training were undertaken at Royal Perth Hospital followed by 5 years of plastic surgery training. After completing his plastic surgery training requirements Mark spent 12 months in an advanced fellowship position in Oxford (United Kingdom), which included teaching undergraduates at Trinity College, University of Oxford.
Back in Perth in private practice since 2002, Mark is a former Head of Department of Plastic Surgery at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Now based at SJOG Subiaco and Albany Health Campus.
He has served as deputy director and on the board of the WA Melanoma Advisory Service.
Mark is the also co-founder and Editor –in – Chief of the Australasian Journal of Plastic Surgery and served as an elected Councillor of the Australian Society Of Plastic Surgeons for 6 years.
When not working as a surgeon Mark and his wife spend time on their farm in Denmark growing Truffles.
Melanoma, skin cancers, hand surgery, and both aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the face, breast and body.
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery – University of Western Australia (1993)
- Fellow of Royal Australian College of Surgeons (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) (2001)
- Member Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Member Western Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- International Member American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member Australian Medical Association
- Previous Head of Department of Plastic Surgery, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital 2008-2011
- Western Australian Melanoma Advisory Service Panelist
- Skin Cancer Steering Committee member
- Treasurer for Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Education Committee Australasian Foundation for Plastic Surgery
- Editor in Chief AJOPS