Supporting Medical Education & Training in the Great Southern
The Great Southern Specialist Centre team are actively involved in the medical training and education of:
- Medical students through the Rural Clinical School.
- Interns and residents at the Albany Health Campus.
- Registrars (senior doctors in specialist training) via the Albany Health Campus, at a state level on the WA Board in General Surgery and nationally as examiners in final specialist exams.
Several of our specialists also teach senior doctors, nurse and allied health staff in specific courses run by the Health Department and Professional Colleagues, including:
- Early Management of Severe Trauma (EMST)
- Non Operative Technical Skills for Surgeons (NOTSS)
- WA Regional Trauma.
Throughout your health journey you may be seen by a junior doctor or student who will be under the supervision of your qualified specialist. Please advise our staff if you are at all uncomfortable with this. We trust that wherever possible you will help us to give these students an educational experience that inspires them to return to our region as fully trained doctors.